Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tatting Tea Tuesday


This Tatting Tea Tuesday finds us still with lots of snow on the ground. I woke up to some beautiful mornings as we've also had fog every day. The ice-covered trees made me stop for a few minutes & take some deep breaths of the cold, crisp, clean air.

I'm about to enjoy one of my favorite teas this evening. Bigelow's Constant Comment. The tea cup was a gift from an exchange partner a couple years ago. This tea & me go waaaaaaaaay back to my hippy days. Maybe I'll put on some patchouli perfumed oil & enjoy my cuppa, along with my tatting & some fond memories of days of complete freedom.

I have a new tatting book & some new thread. The thread is very vintage-looking, but is one of the Lizbeth sz 40 threads. I'm working on one of the edgings. Unlike the other handkerchiefs I did, this one gets the edging attached while you're tatting it. A bit tricky at first, but once I figured it out, I was less clutsy about it. LOL!
 

Happy TTT to you all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OH, I love that book! The hanky looks nice, but then I love pink!

rainbows and raindrops said...

nive hanky and perfect thread choice to tat and edging with! Where did you get that hanky!

sewmuchfun4 said...

That looks like a good book! I love edgings. Your hanky is pretty! One of my goals this year is to learn to hemstitch with my sewing machine so I can add an edging like that.

Those trees up your way look beautiful in their winter white!

:) Ann

Katie said...

Hi! wickedtats, the hanky is from Hobby Lobby. They had a few new designs this time.

Gina said...

Constant Comment is a favorite of mine. I make iced tea by the gallon and when I brew it, I add 2 CC with the regular brew or sometimes 2 bags of spearmint tea. Those are my 2 favorite flavorings...ang ginger. I have a cup very similar to that one too! Small world.

Tatskool said...

Lovely snow and pretty teacup. I have that book too but in Danish!

Post a Comment