Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Flurry of Threadwinders

While visiting various tatting blogs, I saw some threadwinders that had been pyrographed. They were made from those wood blanks you find at hobby stores.

The tool acquisition monkey was on my back, so I jetted over to Hobby Lobby. SCORE! I found 2 sizes of snowflakes - perfect for threadwinders. The larger ones were already painted. You can see I've already filled one with my new size 40 thread from Yarnplayer - Midnight  Oil.

There's an upcoming thread exchange in the works. I'm thinking my exchange partners might need one of these.

2 comments:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

These are great. I got some last year and painted them and added some pretty stickers and then put a clear coat over them. That reminds me, I could use some more.

Janette Baker said...

The snowflake is a very clever thread winder. I am going to pick some up next time I go to Hobby Lobby. Thanks for the idea

Post a Comment