Friday, October 23, 2009

New Tatting Shuttles


All my new tatting shuttles have arrived!! They are all so beautiful! I have my tulip wood Silent Tatter, my David Reed Smith east Indian rosewood & the Shuttle Shop tulip wood with the engraved Celtic Knot. I love wood tools, & these are all exactly what I was hoping they'd be.

I find the David Reed Smith one to be lovely, but it's very thin, so I'm afraid of breaking the tip. It tats wonderfully, though because it's light as a feather!

The tulip wood Shuttle Shop shuttle is soooooooooooooo beautiful! I put just the lightest coating of my beeswax & oil polish on it, & the grain just popped!! It's has a solid, sturdy feel to it, but is still feather light!

My favorite is the Silent Tatter. Again, the grain in the tulip wood is just so stunning! I love being able to adjust the tension so minutely, & the brass pieces really add to the beauty of the shuttle!

My Christmas list is made out & ready to hand to hubby. Yeah, another Silent Tatter, & one of those Opal Shuttle Shop shuttles, please Santa!

Here are my new shuttles:

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your shuttles are lovely! Don't be afraid to use the one from David Reed Smith. I've had mine for years, and they are wonderful! Shuttle Shop shuttles are fabulous, and I love my Silent Tatter. Do you have any of LadyShuttleMaker's ceramic shuttles? They're musical! ...or one from Grizzly Mountain Arts? They are unbelievably special! I may be more addicted to shuttles than to the actual tatting process! Can't wait to see what you make next!

IsDihara said...

You are assured years (and years) of tatting bliss with these three beauties! Santa will surely bring your tatting wish list in full, as you have been such a very good girl this year!

Unknown said...

Hi Katie Mac! Your new shuttles are beautiful! I hope you enjoy them. You should get a lot of tatting mileage out of them!

Isdihara, I've been a very good girl, too! Will Santa bring my tatting wish list in full, too???

Unknown said...

Now lets see. Addicted to HDT, Crazy about hand made shuttles and feel a need to collect them and can't get enough thread. Yes, I would say you have officially joined the world of tatting. Welcome and I am sure you will enjoy your new shuttles. I get my David Reed Smith shuttles with the brass tip so I don't have to worry about the point wearing away. Use your new shuttles it makes tatting more enjoyable.

Fox said...

Your new shuttles rock! Enjoy your new toys!
Fox : )

Post a Comment