Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tatting Tea Tuesday - Christmas Gifts & Tea

Mmmmmmmmmm! I'm enjoying another cup of cinnamon candy flavored tea this morning. It got me to thinking about Christmas & gifts.





I love little tins for tatting. They have to have hinged lids, though so I don’t have to chase the lid. LOL! Last month I showed my tatting tools tin made from a little tin that came with sewing notions in it - until I re-purposed it to be my tatting tools tin.

I decided that tatting tool tins would make great Christmas presents for my tatting friends, so I went on the hunt for hinged-lid tins. They aren’t easy to come by, I can tell you! I found these very cute ones at Hobby Lobby, though!

Hobby Lobby has an incredible selection of felt squares, so I found a square that was textured & matched the tin. That got me to thinking it would be cute to color-coordinate everything to match the tin. I lined the tin, & made a coordinating pincushion to attach to the inside of the lid (I don’t like chasing tiny pin cushions, either.)

While waiting in line to check out, I spied these cutest of manicure sets - just the right size to fit into the tins & color-coordinated to boot! I took out the scissors & nail file & replaced them with one of my decoupaged shuttles. I left the tweezers & the nail clippers in for opening rings & cutting thread.
I grabbed a couple square bead containers, & put together enough color-coordinated beads for a small tatting project or two. I added a skein of HDT to pull it all together & put in 2 snowflake thread winders (also found at Hobby Lobby - in the wood section.)

Since I used my own HDT, the whole shabang came to around $13. The only issue I had was that I needed one for myself! Merry Christmas to me, too & thank you Santa! LOL!

Katie

8 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

These are precious! Your friends are going to love you to pieces!

Krystle said...

Can I be on your list of friends!!!! Lol, that is so darn cute.

Gina said...

This is so cute! You need beading stuff in there too. (grin) I sometimes think it's almost as much fun putting the container together as tatting.

IsDihara said...

Can I be adopted? LOL! You have assembled a great, personalized holiday gift tin!

Wishing for a Hobby Lobby in my area...but back to you and your tins. Great job!!

THanks for joining in the TTT fun. I love reading your posts.

sewmuchfun4 said...

This is so NEAT! I love how you found all these coordinating containers and accessories PLUS your beautiful thread! I would like to see your decoupaged shuttles - sounds like a great idea. Your friends will be VERY happy!
:) Ann

Krystle said...

Yes, do show us the shuttles!

Unknown said...

That is a cute idea! Your tatting friends are very lucky, indeed! :)

Anonymous said...

Just love your idea about the tins. Wish we had a Hobby Lobby in Australia. You are sooooo lucky over there!!! And I would love to see your shuttles. Margaretha, Queensland Aust

Post a Comment