Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Tatting


It's very quiet & peaceful as I sip my Starbucks this a.m. My husband left for a week-end hunt with the guys. So, I have an entire, glorious week-end to craft. We put up the tree before he left last night, & it has yielded the Christmas spirit. I have one tatted snowflake - my first ever. I didn't know when I tatted it, that it would be so huge. It's from Jon Yusoff's Quantiesque pattern done in Lizbeth sz 20 Jelly Bean. Here it is as a small doily under a collectable Finton glass tree. I'll need to tat up snowflakes for the tree one of these days before Christmas.

I've started my first tatted Christmas present. This is the Crinoline Lady from Tatting Treats Two by Pam Palmer. I'm tatting this little lady for my sis. The pattern calls for sz 40 thread, but I'm using Lizbeth sz 20 in Christmas Delight & the bonnet is Christmas Red. It's a bit larger than the pattern, but I'm thinking my sis can use it on a quilt block since she quilts. The plan is to send her a Crinoline Lady on each holidy in 2010, so  she can make herself a holiday quilt. This is an easy pattern, & the instructions & diagram are so easy to follow!! Here's the bonnet & the bottom of the sleeve & the pic from the book.

 

6 comments:

tatting-marie said...

What a thoughtful thing to do for your sister. I know she will appreciate this one and all the others to come.

Jane Eborall said...

Please would you move your little tree to the right (or left!!!) so we can see your snowflake? Pretty please with sugar on the top!!!

Carla said...

Wonderful Christmas tatting!

Unknown said...

Your Fenton Glass tree is lovely! Your snowflake doily looks nice under it! Love the tatted lady, too!

Gina said...

This is the same crinoline lady on my new shuttle! I knew I'd seen it somewhere. I do like this pattern. I tatted it for an exchange once.

Jon's snowflake is so pretty. Can't see it all but it's clearly a winner!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Katie

Post a Comment