Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Scrappy Mini Lunchbox

During my mini-vaca in CO, my niece & I made our annual day after Thanksgiving shopping trip. We only shop for yarn & scrapbooking suppplies. She had found another yarn shop for us to visit. It was behind a huge mansion, along a stone walk-way & inside a carriage house! It's was soooooooooooo awesome! I found a skein of handdyed yarn for a woven scarf to-be.

We next made our way to the scrapbooking store we always go to when I visit. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, they had these mini lunchboxes. IknowIknow. Yet another tatting box!!???? Remember, though, I gave my other tins away as gifts. Well, here were these mini lunchboxes all scrapbooked up, & I'm telling you, they were CUTE!!! I'd like to be able to say I snubbed my nose & just walked away from them. I'd like to say I was tough on myself & didn't buy. I'd like to say I didn't, but I can't!!! I had to. OK, so there was the box, & this paper that would be so cute on it, & the little jewel stickies, the wee, round letters & the lace butterfly edging... IhadtoIhadto, so I did! I had a great time scrapbooking my mini-lunch box tatting tin!!!

Now, I swear there was purple in that paper when I was choosing the lining. It's more than obvious I need to use my Ott light in the basement at night. There's NO purple in the paper, it's BROWN! So, this box will get a new lining of pink & green. Anywho, I'm loving it!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I think we are related. I love yarn & scrapbooking too. The lunchbox is to die for. Isdihara sent me a soap dish that held my flowering teas and thread she sent me in the mail. She said if I wanted I could pitch it. I told her, no I would not do it. 1) it is my favorite color purple and 2) it was good to keep the thread in along with the teenie weenie shuttles Heather sent me. What do you think? My thought is you would agree. Happy Tatting!

Krystle said...

Oooh Love love love!

Fox said...

So cute!
Fox : )

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Super Cute!! I love how you decorated the box!! Isn't it fun to mix scrapbooking with tatting?

Katie said...

LOL! Hi Rayaanna! Yessssssssssssssssss, you can bet I'm on the same page with you. Anything that can hold thread & shuttle is worth it's weight in tatting supplies!!

Unknown said...

Oh, what a totally cool tatting box! I ♥ how you put the little tin inside of it, too! What a great way to marry two fabulous hobbies of tattin' and scrappin' together!

The lining looks purple on my screen!

M said...

What a gorgeous little tin. I wish I had the ability to spot little gems like that and jazz them up the way you have.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I'm loving it too!

Post a Comment